Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Console Controllers and your PC: Best Friends?

AWWWW SHEEEEE~IT!


Super Meat Boy was released earlier last year, and after buying it, I really only played the first few levels. About last week, I decided I was going to play it again, but I was going to use my Xbox 360 controller instead.

I have to say, I rage quit a lot less with the controller, than I did with the keyboard. It's a lot more comfortable using the thumbstick and it feels a lot more natural, although sometimes the controller can feel unresponsive. Obviously Microsoft's fault, not Team Meat's.

I did, however, find a way around Microsoft's cruddy support!

It's called Pinnicle Game Profiler and it works quite well, other than the occasional bug. I've used it to map the 360 controller to Half-Life 2, Garry's Mod, Portal, and Left 4 Dead, even though I can't see myself using the controller regularly for those games.
You can get a free trial of Pinncicle Game Profiler on their website; it only lasts 30 days, but I recommend you try it.


So many commands, so little buttons!


Some games have key mappings which are automatically downloaded every time you click a little update button. If you point Pinnicle to the .exe for a game, it also works as a launcher, when you open that game profile!

Everything is fairly straight forward, so I won't waste time explaining the interface.

On a completely unrelated topic, I'm still waiting for Manchester Orchestra's new album Simple Math. May 10th is too far away!

Come on, you sunnuvabitch!

So, yeah. I'll definitely be buying that album! I have all of Manchester Orchestra's other albums, and there isn't one song that I haven't loved.

That's all, for now. I dunno if I'll end up with a schedule for blogging, but so far, it looks like it's daily.

                                                                               -- The Jukebox

No comments:

Post a Comment